Merriam-Webster’s Learner’s Dictionary defines innovation as
- a new idea, device, or method
- the act or process of introducing new ideas, devices, or methods
Innovation is all about introducing something new and supposed to be path breaking and life changing.
It is a creation of a process, or device resulting from study and experimentation.
- About trying a new approach
- It is about experimenting
- Trying new things, new ways in the existing
- Trying new ways to existing work (eg. A new way to clean a room, new way to spin a ball, playing a game in a different way)
- Innovating is a skill which can be learned by anyone and everyone, including those who are not educated
What Innovation is not…
It is not something special or innate talent…you don’t need to be a great personality or a scientist to innovate…
YOU CAN INNOVATE….